Sustainability: Our Commitment
Dumaplast attaches much importance to a green and sustainable policy. Our environmental policy therefore receives a prominent place in our overall business philosophy. As we want to limit our environmental impact to a minimum, we are constantly looking for a healthy blend of economy and ecology. Harmonization of these two (at first sight) seeming opposites, does not have to mean that the general company development or the high quality level of our products will be in jeopardy. For it is only by making investments for future developments in a sustainable way that we can guarantee long-term growth. After all, a green business philosophy is a step forward and not sideways.
There is no doubt that this is an ongoing process and that we are learning each day to further develop this philosophy. But every little improvement will help us forward. After all, we should not look at health, safety and environment as a pile of rules thrown together. They form a whole that ultimately leads to successful development.
These are some of our achievements.
- Our products are fully recyclable when they are introduced into a sorting facility. Also within the production process itself, most of the waste will be ground and reused in the manufacture of new final products. We are also willing to take back old products for waste processing.
- We print most of our products with UV inks instead of more hazardous solvent-based inks.
- We are a partner in the EU Greenhouse Campaign, an initiative to reduce energy and energy consumption.
- Our roof is completely installed with solar panels to supply a part of our energy with green power.
- Unlike ordinary laminate planks, Dumafloor® laminate does not contain any solvents or formaldehyde.
- For many years now, we haven't used lead anymore as a stabilizer in our PVC products. Calcium zinc provides a completely satisfactory alternative.
- Dumaplast is a member of the “Grüne Punkt” in Germany. This is an organisation responsible for collecting, sorting and recycling of packaging waste.
- On their own initiative, Dumaplast signed a statement of intent that declares that the necessary efforts and actions will be undertaken to improve performance concerning the environment within and outside the company.
If you have any other questions, then do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly help you further.